Make a cold salad! I am so sad that summer is almost over, even though these really hot days keep lingering. I love summer. I love being outside, going on vacation, and best of all not being cold. This is a great recipe to create a meal without heating up the house. Just fire up the grill and chop away! Another great recipe discovered by Kadie and stolen by the van Beevers!
California Pizza Kitchen Chopped Chicken Salad
Head of ice-berg lettuce, chopped
Head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 can black beans drained- I used pinto this time
1 cup sweet white corn- Love the Walmart brand sweet white corn
Jicama chopped- I didn't know what this was, and didn't have any, but it still tasted great
Chopped cilantro
Chopped basil
Shredded monterey jack cheese
2 chicken breasts, BBQ and chopped- Use lots of BBQ sauce
2 roma tomatoes
2 green onions, chopped
Prepare all greens, blacks, whites, and reds. BBQ chicken with BBQ sauce and chop, let cool. Cook corn in frying pan with a little olive oil until slightly browned, cool. Toss all ingredients with ranch dressing, serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side.
7 comments:
This looks really good - thanks for posting!
YUM! That looks so good I am going to have to go eat something. I actually didn't have dinner, so I am hungry, but the trick will be to find something as satisfying as this picture!
I remember when we had this at Kadie's tiny house in KV. I forgot about it until now so I am pumped you posted it. James Pham was just here staying with us, too bad I didn't have it sooner or I could have made it. Oh well more for me when I do!
That was great!
where is this from?
Oh, that looks good! I might have to steal this recipe too!
I'm making it right now. I added bacon because we had some. It looks good can't wait to eat it!!
Post a Comment