Thursday, September 6, 2007

How Sweet Is My New Little Nephew?



Sweeter than this Lemon Cream Pie! His name is Stephen Alma Mosley and is just a little tyke weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces at birth:) I won't go on about how jealous I am of his size, but he is SO SWEET! He was born August 23 and my sister Brynley is doing awesome especially since this is her first. She already started back up with school and looks amazing. Little SAM is so sweet he makes me baby hungry, yes with an 8 month old baby! This pie is also pretty good. My mom made it for us after Sunday dinner and it hit the spot.
Lemon Cream Pie
1 baked 9" pie shell- she made from hers from scratch
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks, unbeaten
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped- the piece in the picture has canned whipped cream because I inhaled my piece with the real whip cream. I made Will pause before and during his piece for a little photo shoot
3 tablespoons walnuts chopped
In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, butter, grated lemon rind, lemon juice and egg yolks. Stir in milk. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened. Cool and fold in sour cream. Pour in baked pie shell. Chill 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream and nuts.

2 comments:

Wilsons said...

Congrats to Brinley, he is beautiful!

Brynley said...

I was just looking at your cooking recipes and saw this pictures of the boys. I can't believe how fast they grow.