I didn't snap any pictures of the Turkey we ate but here are some pictures of my little turkeys with the Grandma and Aunt Jen! We did Thanksgiving dinner over at Jen's apartment and it was super delicious. And we had the most amazing side dish: Zesty Carrot Bake. I think this was one of the first Thanksgivings I ate more of a side dish than dark turkey meat!
Zesty Carrot Bake
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1/2 slices
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup water
2 Tblsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tblsp. prepared horseradish (the real stuff)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1/2 slices
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup water
2 Tblsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tblsp. prepared horseradish (the real stuff)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Cook carrots until tender. Place in a greased 1 quart baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the next five ingredients; mix well. Pour over carrots. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield 6 servings. (I think ate 4 and a 1/2 of those six servings, hehe:)
Since I don't have a picture I will share the description
"For a fun vegetable dish, try these tender carrots in a sauce that gets its zip from horseradish. With a crunchy crumb topping and comforting sauce, it will tempt even those who usually don't care for cooked carrots." ( I was just about to write that I don't even like cooked carrots, haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment