
Get out your butter, because these babies our loaded! And totally worth it:)
Dough
1 tbsp yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 cups flour
Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Knead into ball and let rise until double. Knock down and roll into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
Filling
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Spread butter over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll dough long way. Slice into 1 inch slices using string. Place on greased pan. Let rise until puffy, about 20 min. Bake at 350-400degrees for 10-25 minutes or until golden brown. Here in Utah and with my crazy oven, I bake them at 325 for 25 minutes covered in foil and then another 10 without the foil.
Frosting
1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-3 ounces cream cheese (I like to use 3 ounces, Kadie's recipe call for 1 oz)
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
Beat all ingredients until fluffy and spread over hot rolls!
8 comments:
I want to eat half a dozen right now. Can you mail me one? I wish we lived close to you so I could come over and sneak a couple. Way to go Betty!
My goodness, make my mouth water why don't you! I think this boy in me is going to have a sweet tooth.
What did you put in the middle? Carmel? Very nice pictures....I love food pictures!
mm those look so good!
WOW! I don't think I have ever ever ever been so desirous to have a cinnamon roll! Woweeee!
Those look SO good. I can't wait to try them! =)
Looks yummy...I'm making them right now...want some?
made them again and everyone loved them. WE had terrilee and Paul's cousin's over. Paul loves them and eats half the pan. hehe
Post a Comment