Monday, August 27, 2007

Sewing a Speedo

We made a lot of success by finally getting Luke to wear a swimsuit this summer. Pretty much all of June and half of July Luke refused to wear his bathing suit. This is why I attempted to buy him a speedo at Walmart. Walmart has everything right? Everything except toddler speedos! So last week while we were in Visalia for a family reunion, my mom suggested to sew him a speedo. She agreed that it would be very bothersome to wear wet shorts down to your ankles to swim. So we found my little sister's old water polo swim suit and I cut it at the waist; trying to spare the cute yellow stiching around the leg holes. Then I pinned it where I thought it should be stitched. My mom used some swimmwear elastic for the waist band and sewed up the sides and that was it. Luke loved it. "I need my peedo!" It was great because the next day he had a little "peedo" tan:)

7 comments:

Danette said...

I'm laughing so hard I have a side stitch! I just love that kid no matter what he is wearing.

Jodie B. said...

That is a really creative idea!! How great that he loved it so much!! What a little cutie!! He looks so proud of new "peedo" :)

Tisha said...

Oh that is classic! I love it.

Heather said...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while. We should get a picture of Lauryn in her bikini and Luke in his speedo :)

Jill said...

How adorable I love it, way to rock the speedo Luke!

christine said...

I usually think speedos are creepy but it works on Luke. Plus the tan lines are a hoot.

Wilsons said...

Very creative! Maybe I can convince you to make Payton one! ha ha