

Well, it's true. I had a birthday and am now another year older and wiser too:) Will and I celebrated by hitting the town and seeing the latest flick, Born Ultimatum. It was action packed from start to finish! We were also able to escape our children, thanks to babysitter Jen and company, and grab a bite to eat at Cafe Rio. Will and I got the same thing the Pork Salad. Yum! It was a good birthday because I got to celebrate on Saturday and Sunday, my actual birthday the 12th:) Will started out the morning by letting me sleep in, AWESOME present, and then made me breakfast in bed. He never seems to let me down in the food deparment. He made omelets with basil of course and cinnamon toast and a smoothie. For the church part of the day I was lucky enough to get chosen to do a piano solo for sacrament meeting. I was so nervous and my hands shook the entire piece. Trust me I didn't volunteer, but I couldn't say no. The sweetest part was after I sat down on the bench with the boys, Luke put his arms around me and said "good job, mom" over and over. Then after church we had dinner over at Brynley and Paul's where I was lucky enough to win one game of Masterpiece and 2 games of Settlers. It was definitely my birthday! Brynley made us some spinach manicotti which was very tasty and Marin baked up some lovely lemon bars for dessert. She even managed to find some candles for me to blow out! It was a great birthday and fun to celebrate with family. It's nice having your birthday on Sunday because everyone was home and able to get together! I even got a nice call from one of the gospel doctrine teachers saying happy birthday and wishing me the best day of my life:) It was pretty funny!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday!
If I were a better friend I would remember important days like your birthday. Don't feel too bad, if you checked my blog you will see I almost missed my mother in-laws too. I'm horrible so don't take it personal and it sounds like you had a great day. Happy belated birthday to you!
We wish we could have been there so bad!! It sounds like a perfect birthday, like they should be. Everyone needs a day to just feel special. You're so lucky to have so much free babysitting and plenty of family to hang out with. Feeling a little lonely out here in Elk Grove. We can't wait for next week and October!!!
HAPPY Birthday!! Sounds like LOTS of fun! I am sure your piano piece was as great as Luke said! =) You look beautiful! I love the chocolate eating and sleeping - very funny! Luke is getting so big! Boys sure are easier than girls when it comes to getting ready for church! ;)
Happy Birthday!! You don't look a day older than 21, so you've got it pretty good. =)
Happy birthday!!! (a month later....) What a great friend I am:) You look amazing, and I can definately appreciate the night out thing as well as Cafe Rio, how sad that we don't have it out here in Florida....
Post a Comment