Thursday, December 11, 2008

Missing their eyes

Here are the three wise men we assembled for the home made nativity my family is creating this year. Each family is in charge of certain parts and we got assigned the three wise men and the star. It was a lot of fun dressing them in scrap fabrics with a hot glue gun, mainly because Will is so fun to watch. He can't help himself; he is just creative and artistic and I am not. Can you guess which one is his? I did the other two in the same time it took him to perfect one. We are waiting to get to my mom's house to use pins with the little bobble on top for the eyes. Also, on the left is a camel Will made out of pipe cleaners. It's hard to tell how good it is in the picture.

Also, on another note, I am loving the fact that my kids are still playing outside and its December. I really don't know how I survived indoors all winter long last year. Today while the kids were playing at their friends house they decided to play with the hose.  They were completely drenched in all their clothes.  It was time to go home so I stripped them down to a diaper and underwear and made them ride their bikes the two blocks home.  Luke now rides a bigger blue bike and has perfected a really long skid stop. Cohen is trying to keep up with Luke, the other day I was pitching a tennis ball to Luke and Cohen asked for a turn. Cohen hit it twice with a skinny bat. Cohen is also a south paw like Will; he asks for a pen everyday so he can draw and consistently uses his left hand.

4 comments:

Marin said...

wow those look like WISE men!! They are so cute. All three are so creative i cant even tell which one is yours or wills!!! Love the camel! I'm sure loving this CA winter. Today I wore a short sleeve shirt!! It was awesome!

Brynley said...

WOw..great wisemen. I have been working on the Angels but I need to go out and buy a hot glue gun. My robe pattern doesn't fit all the way around my angel so I don't know how to fix that. Utah winter hasn't been too bad lately no big storm yet...You should have stayed in Utah one more year. hehe

jenny said...

i had to cut two robes and sew them together. your wise men are fantastic! my joseph is definitely from Iraq! can't wait to see the whole scene! thanks for the inspiration.

Bonnie said...

How fun! I love the wise men! You will have to take a picture of the whole thing when it's put together! What a great idea!

I wish I was in California now...I think it's 18 degrees out now. Burrr!

I miss you guys!