Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vacation Week #2




Will had has second week of vacation already. I know, they gave him the majority of his vacation before he really needed it, but nonetheless we made the most of it and headed off to Oregon. It was so much fun to be with family, meet our newest family member, and do fun things everyday.

The first day we went to the Zoo and it was beautiful. The Portland Zoo is so big and spacious with lots of trees, of course, so I was pretty impressed Luke walked the whole thing. (Cohen is a different story. He had a double ear infection the whole week and there was nothing but Tylenol to help.) Luke's favorite and mine too was the brand new baby elephant.

The next day we went to the fun center and did miniature golf, the boats, playplace, and some games. Luke even got a hole in one. Check out his form:) I love how Cohen was tromping around wearing his hat backwards. He put it like that himself, go Cougars:) Also one of the arcade games went crazy spiting out tickets so the boys got to pick out a prize at the end of the day.

The last day we went bowling and had a blast. I actually beat Will. But to his credit he can't remember ever bowling under 100, and I can barely ever remember getting above 100. But Grandma schooled us all so we had a lot of fun.

After we got home we took Cohen strait to the doctor to check out what was growing in his ears. They smelt like rotten fish to be honest. It was so hard to hold him on the airplane and try and breath through my mouth. But once we got him to the doctor they poked through the pus and got a lot out. He can now hear and is on oral and topical antibiotics. He is doing so much better. I never knew ears could get so infected they would fill up completely with pus. Some more info about Cohen is that he is now climbing out of his crib. I was planing on using the pack and play for a while when the new baby comes but I guess we will be making that transition sooner than expected.

8 comments:

Makenna said...

Love the BYU hat - Braxton gets a hat every time Merrill has one on - it has been spiderman - I guess we need to get him a Y hat so he can be cool too!

Heather said...

It doesn't seem like that long since you've been gone, but your boys seem so much bigger. Poor Cohen with the ear infections, I can't believe they were so full of pus. It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun and Hayley, your hair is so cute!

Aubrey said...

I am so glad you guys could enjoy some more vacation time. It is always needed. I hope Cohen gets feeling better!

justin said...

dude will, we should go bowling some time. with an 88 i'd at least have a chance! i don't think i've ever beat marin at bowling since we've been married!

sounds like a fun trip

justin said...

Oh Justin is just being modest! He is actually really good but tries to be COOL doing his SPINS on the ball! You guys look like you had a TON of fun!! I'm so glad that you guys are blogging again! Love the pictures!-marin

justin said...

Classic shot-Cohen cleaning house!-marin

Mandi said...

How fun! That is so exciting you got to go on vacation! Those are some great pictures! Poor little Cohen. I'm sure he was just miserable. :(

Kelly Evanson said...

wow i can't believe he already had vacation!! how fun though and you got to visit family. we are taking our first vacation after thanksgiving. rich's whole family is going to disney world. the boys are really excited. congrats - i am so excited for you to have a girl. and you are the blogging queen!!! props to you! you'll have to fill me in on what it is like to have a girl!!!