Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two wheeling

When we moved here a month ago we upgraded Luke from his tricycle to a bike with training wheels.  He has loved every second of it and I wondered why we didn't do it earlier.  But then I remembered it was because my mom had a big bike without training wheels that we were going to buy training wheels for when we got to CA.  But the training wheels cost half as much as a bike with the training wheels at Walmart.  So now we have two bikes and Cohen can already have the training wheel little bike because today, out of nowhere, Luke can ride.

A week ago I let him try the big bike and it was not happening.  I thought we would be closer to success considering how fast he flies around the block with his training wheels.  He is always standing up while he rides and does some pretty crazy stuff.  But the first time on the big bike he didn't like it.  But today he asked to ride it.  So I was holding on and right from the start I could tell I wasn't contributing much, so I let go.  And he was off.  He rode around the whole cold-de-sac by himself a couple times.  He did take a fall when he tried to stop without me.  The seat needs to be just a little lower.  It was such a great feeling.  I love being a mom and seeing my children learn new things and find joy in life.  Congrats Luke!  Our next goal is swimming without the floaties. 

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow great Job Luke! He just amazes me!

Danette said...

You rock Luke!!
Way to go buddy.

justin said...

GOOD JOB LUKE! miss you buddy!

Heather said...

That's amazing, riding a bike all by himself at 3 1/2! Great job Luke!

Marshall Fam said...

Cute blog. I can't believe how big YOUR boys are. If luke can ride a two wheel i better take thomas training wheels off he is been asking me for months but i just haven't. Cohen is so cute I love is blonde hair. How fun to see an update of your family. I'll keep checking your blog. Good to hear from you!