This is a recipe that we got from where we get a lot of yummy recipes, Kadie Duffy! She used to make this pizza when we lived out in Kirksville, MO and we thought it was so delicious. We having been trying to find recipes with basil since we have so much in our garden. Fresh basil smells so good, and I think that is half the reason this pizza tastes so yummy is because it smells so yummy. It's a great recipe because it is only three toppings, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil (soak the basil in olive oil just a minute before putting it on the pizza). There is no pizza sauce, but we crush fresh garlic and spread that on top of the dough with some olive oil before we add the toppings. Then for the dough we used another recipe that we got from Kadie. So thanks Kadie for all your inspiration in cooking:) I always at least double the recipe for the dough because it makes very little. Another secret to making pizza is that you cook it at a higher temperature for a shorter time. We baked ours at 500 degrees for 9 minutes.
California Pizza Kitchen-Basic Pizza Dough
1 tsp. yeast
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. warm water
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp. for coating once your dough is kneaded into a ball.
5 comments:
I'm going to have to try out this recipe. We've been really into making pizza lately and I've just been using a dough I found in a cookbook. It's okay, but this one looks easier and like it tastes better!
Yes, you should definitely try it! Also I just added some small little things we do to make it even better. I forgot to put them in the original post! Garlic and olive oil, garlic and more garlic and olive oil!
Heather, you can come to my house and get some fresh basil anytime!
we made pizzas yesterday & today, we're going to do pizzas again! My kids love Margarita Pizza so that's what we're doing today. I have a small basil plant growing in our little terrace. Luckily for that since it's hard to come by basil in Japanese supermarkets. Your pizza looks fantastic!
Finally made some of these the other night on the grill with the garden basil and tomatoes. They were excellent. I also spread a little pesto garlic spread from TJs on the pizza. I think I should make them every night until the tomato and basil is gone.
Who is XUE?
Post a Comment