Everything green in this meal was from our garden! Well, the Sweeney/van Beever garden, thanks Sweeneys for sharing. It was SO YUMMY:) We picked some green onions, cilantro, and leaf lettuce for the salad, basil for the homemade pesto sauce, and some green beans just incase this meal needed some more ruffage! Will just salted and peppered the green beans, and I was like, "Wow, what did you put on these?" but really when stuff is fresh is tastes different. I have decided I love cilantro in salad. It has a very overbearing taste, but I love the kick it adds. The lettuce was a little bitter but we mixed ranch dressing with some romano basil vinigrette dressing and it complimented everything very well. We put some chicken in the pasta so something would stick to our ribs! I just love how excited Will gets about gardens and anything different in our menu. I don't know what I would do if my husband didn't enjoy cooking so much. He is so gourmet and it is rubbing off on me:)
Pesto Sauce
2 cups fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper
Puree all ingrediants in food processor/blender
5 comments:
That looks good! I'm so impressed! What else are you growing in your garden?
Wow!! I can't wait to get a garden in our yard after we get our weeds under control. Maybe we should have Will oversee some of the cooking in Visalia in August. He is so good at it.
We are growing cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkins, corn, cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes! We haven't been able to pick everything yet, but the garden is a jungle! I will have to post a picture:) Also I will have to give you some goods Heather, for you and Paul to try!
Hayley, what can I trade you for some of your fresh herbs? That pesto sounds delicious!
Okay, I think I used way too many leaves. Can you give me an approximate leaf count? Very herby!!
Post a Comment