Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heat Wave

We are paying for a gorgeous June with a nasty heat wave that won't end! So we have been living in our pool. It's 10 feet wide and 2 1/2 feet deep and perfect for the kids. They love to make whirl pools which is exactly what I did growing up with a Doughboy. And of course Will and I have to jump in to keep wet if we want to be outside. Jade loves it too. She doesn't stop kicking. When I give her a bath its the same thing. Those legs are moving like crazy and its as if she has no control over her body it just spasms. I need to get a video clip because it cracks me up.

Luke is doing well swimming. He loves to go to big pools so he can swim in the deep end and count how long he can hold his breath under water. Cohen is improving too. He hangs on the side most of the time but is getting more confident each day. This is a huge step from last year when he wanted nothing to do with the pool. All he wanted was the hose. Its really important to me to have pool safe kids. Everyone here has pools so hopefully we continue to make progress with Cohen. I am pretty comfortable with Luke being pool safe. At the end of last Summer I dropped him into the middle of the pool to see what he would do and he made it to the side but this summer he goes everywhere on his own.

The other picture is of free Chick Fil A day. They let you pick anything off the menu if you dressed up like a cow. My friend Amy had us over and we made the costumes the day before and then the next day (four moms and a ton of kids) we all showed up together. They do have great customer service and I like their chicken nuggets a lot. The boys request every night to wear their cow shirts. I took off all the black duct tape but they still say "eat mor chikin" on the back.

9 comments:

jenny said...

i was just going to call to see if you are still alive through this heat wave! 108 today...ugggh! glad to know the kids are loving the water and YES, you have to get a clip of jade kicking- hilarious! the doughboy brings back such fond memories. thanks.

Marin said...

haaa haaa!!! ohh I love it! Those cow costumes are great! How fun. That sounds so good. When are the free days??? Maybe I will have to dress Carden up and go!!

Well, I am glad that everyone is experiencing what I am experiencing here in AZ!! It is so HOT.

Makenna said...

Yes - Its hot everywhere - the boys here are in the little plastic pool from wal mart - the real nice one with a slide! Or inside with the A/C.

I dont think we have gone over 100 though - if only you were all so lucky as I.

Clarissa Wilstead said...

The heat is killing me!!!

Suzie said...

Every summer is a heat wave in Texas. Ooh - its hot. I haven't had much luck with the pool safe kids - mostly just pool scaredy cat kids. Maybe we should get a big one like yours. It looks cool and comfy.

Eugie said...

I love the pool!

Ashley said...

Did you have to dress like a cow too? :) I'd do it for those fries, yum!

hayley said...

Aubry and Amy did but I chickened out:)

Kelly Evanson said...

very cute!! we did the same thing. anything for free food. we love chick fil a