Then I went to "recovery" where I continued to throw-up for the next three hours and not see my baby. Jade was down in the nursery with Will. Her blood sugar was low so Will gave her a bottle and I didn't get to see her until 11:00. Will came up around 9 or 10 and showed me pictures on the camera he took of her while we waited. I started to cry and say she looked like a sumo wrestler. I felt very detached from her since I hadn't held her yet. Finally they brought her up at 11:00 and I got to hold her for a little bit until they whisked me away into x-ray. The doctor came in and told me strait up that she thought she nicked my ureter. So I spent the next three hours in x-ray, rolling on my stomach, and getting maneuvered all over the place while they tried to make the contrast move through my dialated ureter. My ureter was already dialated from the baby sitting on it for the past nine months (which I guess is normal and will fix itself) so it made it hard to see if the contrast was making it all the way through without leaking. I was still throwing up in x-ray. And I was holding the bag so I couldn't hold my incision. All not very fun. The good news was that they concluded my ureter was intact.
Then I made it back to my room where I got to hold Jade and continue to throw up bile until night time. I really didn't feel like myself that whole day. It was very frustrating. Then night came and the nausea stopped. Jade slept from 11-4 the first night and 10-4 the second night. I stopped throwing up but then they didn't let me eat for 2 days because I wasn't passing gas, lame. How are you supposed to walk four times a day, nurse like crazy, and heal with no food!! Finally on the third morning I pulled out the tears and they let me eat. Needless to say I passed gas 2 hours later. So that's pretty much my experience. Not what I was expecting.
And most recently my feet have been swollen the past two days? Does the worrying ever end? I forget how much responsibility and pressure you feel as a mom with a new baby. All these intense feelings, am I going to be OK, am I going to be able to have more children? How can I take care of three kids in pain and with no hubby? Well, I think the hormones are starting to subside a little today. I am starting to feel better and get my pain under control. Jade is such a sweet baby. I am trying to focus on that before I blink and she is 2! It melts my heart when I see the boys hold her and kiss her and love her. And there is nothing sweeter than seeing daddy and his little girl taking a nap together.
And the nursing.... well that's a whole new story... oh the pain:) No, really I am feeling better and in control. I can do this! My little sister has two babies, come on, I can handle one right!
20 comments:
Hayley: I am in tears! I am so sorry! Thank goodness you have such a sweet little girl out of all of it!!! I wish I could be there to help you! Keep your head up! You are a strong person and a great Mother! I will keep you in my prayers! Love ya!
I am also in tears. I wish I could come and help you! Bonnie is right you are a strong person and an amazing mother. You can do it! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that, what an ordeal. I will pray all is well and continues to get better. Call me if you want to talk nursing ;)
aw Hayley I wish I could be there right now helping you. I feel somewhat of your pain. Last night I had a Migraine that lasted 24hours. I thought i was going to pass out. I threw up only two times and it was soo horrible. I can just see Luke and Cohen holding her and giving her little kisses. so precious. You are a good mother (and strong). I just can't believe that you had Luke all natural! You amaze me! Well, I am hoping to come visit you this Friday and Saturday, so hopefully by then I will be healthy! Love you. Give Jade hugs and kisses for us!
Hayley - you're in my prayers!! Congratulations!!!
sounds like an intense day! i was talking to my mom about c-sections yesterday, they just don't seem like any fun. it's like adding major surgery to an already crazy, nerve-racking, emotion-filled experience.
i love those pictures you have posted below. she's so cute.
and as for the gas...better out than in. it's all natural baby! :)
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. I love her name. I am so sorry that things were so difficult to get her here. You are amazing! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Three kids Hayley! Way to go! (=
Oh Hayley, I'm so sorry. I wish I lived near you..I'd be over in a heartbeat!
wow hayley! sounds like you had quite the experience. it almost scares me about having kids. but you're such a strong woman, and i admire how well you've been doing with your boys. you've got a great support network, and they'll be there to pick up the slack.
you're in my prayers.
cousin janette
I love you Hayley!
You can do this because you can do hard things :).
Remember?
Love,
Lisa
PS--Post baby hormones are the pits.
Oh Hayley, I am so sorry. You SO don't deserve that. However, you are so strong and amazing you probably handled it like a true champ compared to anyone!..especially me. You are in my prayers. I hope you are ALL better SOON! Jade is beautiful and I so so want to kiss her cheeks! Thanks for sharing your story. One day you will look back and either wonder how you did that (and realize you ARE amazing, if you didn't know already) or think it was a piece of cake because you are an even stronger woman. Either way you win! Hang in there. Hugs.
Nursing is the worst pain ever! Sorry that it went the way it did, it's hard because you are so happy you have a healthy baby, but the way she was delivered is the hard part. I hated being in the hospital...they treat you like a child...i hate it. But you are amazing, and you have a beautiful little daughter. Congrats!!
What the???
This is just down right wrong. I can only imagine your pain on a minute level, the throwing up part only. That stupid anesthesia, wish there was some other way.
I had both tears of laughter and sadness. You were cracking me up with your descriptions and thinking that Jade looked like a sumo wrestler, come on, they all look a bit rough when they first come out! Then I was just sad that you had such a horrible time.
It will get better. I know you will be great and if anyone can take care of 3 kids, it's you.
I wish I were closer to you so I could help you out. You know I can do a mad blanket roll to keep the little one bundled and happy!! I guess in sunny CA you don't need that. Well, that's one thing you can be happy about, no snow!
Keep your chin up :-)
That is so awful!! It is even worse reading it than hearing it. You need to have a good birthing story, with lots of warm fuzzies. Maybe the next one.
Oh Hayley! I'm so sorry you were throwing up the whole time. How awful. Jade is just BEAUTIFUL, and I totally agree about 'blinking' and suddenly your newborn is two. It's awful how time goes by so fast! Your family is looking great. It's so fun to check out your blog and see your updates. Congrats on the new adorable baby girl!
She is amazingly beautiful, wow, what a doll! I am sorry you had such a hard time, I hope things look up. You are so amazing I am sure three will be a breeze!
Hayley, i had no idea. I am so sorry. You know when I saw you in January I would never have thought ten pounds and more. She is sure worth it though. WHat a doll! I seriously just love the hair. Too cute. Good luck with healing and nursing and staying away from aweful things!
oh hayley . . . this makes me a little nervous. it is such an amazing experience to have another child but you forget all the miserable details! and now i think i am glad i still have 2 1/2 months left. jade is darling. i am so glad you are home now and adjusting. i am sorry about some of those not so fun experiences. it is all worth it in the end though!! keep us posted. hope you are feeling better!
Congratulations on the beautiful new baby girl, and on surviving the whole ordeal. It sounds like it was not fun. Remember though, you are awesome and you can do it. The good news is, it can only get better from here right? :) I hope I get to meet her soon! Love ya!
P.s. Should I be worried that I don't know what a ureter is?
YOUR AMAZING!!! Reason#129847 why I will wait a little longer to have kids:)
Ps, this is Margaret Jordan and I like to check up on you every now and then:)
I've been wanting to come back and read this since you had her. I wasn't expecting that it went badly!! I'm grateful you are okay though!! You are already so super skinny since March, probably due in part to their starving you. So sad that was the case!
Your kids are all so adorable, and they look so much alike. You're amazing Hayley!!!
Post a Comment