Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 days and 2 hospitals later...

Things have finally slowed down this week. My mom came back from Utah and has been helping me with the kids. But last week was crazy. Monday night Jade got really sick. She didn't wake up the whole night to eat and Tuesday morning I couldn't even wake her up to latch on or anything. She was completely lethargic. My friend was coming over to watch the boys since my mother-in-law just left. She came to my house and found me balling. She called my doctor for me and they got me right in. Jade had a fever of 101.4 at the doctors office and he sent me strait to the Children's Hospital ER. I had to wait in line, I mean stand in line, to be seen by a triage nurse. I was a total wreck for the next few days. Once I got admitted into ER Will was able to escape from work (luckily he was on the children's hospital rotation) and come down while they did a full sepsis work-up lumbar puncture and all. My dad got off work for the next few days so he could stay with the boys and I was in hospital the next four days right by Jade's side. She didn't eat for the next 24 hours and it broke my heart to just look at her so lifeless. She didn't really open her eyes those 24 hours either. Finally after some IV fluids and a little time she began eating. My spirits completely changed and things got better pretty fast. We had to stay at the hospital from Tuesday to Friday just to see if the cultures would grow any bacteria and to make sure she was back to her normal menu. They think she just got a nasty virus. Lots of people visited me from Will's program so it was nice to get to meet some of them even though my eyes were practically swollen shut! And I had lots of support from my ward so it wasn't too bad. It was really hard seeing your child suffer especially so little. It's a good thing she was 10.10 so I didn't have to worry too much. She had some chub to spare. I have decided no more winter babies, three is enough! I think May or June sound nice.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I wish I were there to help! I hope things get better SOON!

Ashley said...

That is so sad, I would be a complete wreck. I'm glad she's ok and it all cleared up. Poor baby, poor mommy. Sorry for the hard week.

Makenna said...

You poor thing! Sophie got sick with a cough (from the boys) and had a fever - but we didn't have to go to the ER! I agree - lets go for a summer baby next time around!

Chantel said...

You poor girl!! I am sorry that things have been rough for you. I am glad that Jade is doing better. I am all about the summer babies :)

Kelly Evanson said...

I am so sorry all of this has happened. i am glad you are home and she is doing better. that is always scary when they are so young. i agree about winter babies. jay was a january birthday and he was in the ICU for 10 days at 6 weeks old. hang in there. i wish i could be there to help. keep us posted. love the dark hair!

Heather said...

Poor little Jade, that is so scary. Hayley, I don't know how you hold it together. I am a wreck just with all the normal stress that comes with a new baby. Jade is so cute though and she has so much hair, I love it! Hopefully things just keep getting better from here!

Kevin and Emily said...

How scary Hayley! I am glad she is feeling better. You are one strong Momma. Your three kids are all so beautiful. I hope things are smooth sailing from here on out.(=

Kierstin said...

Beautiful family. I am glad everything is on the up so we can come visit sometime soon. I am right with you on the baby thing. Late spring, early summer definitely for the next one!!

PS My kids are all in the backyard playing now. Yay! Chase loves the trampoline.

Kadie said...

I can't believe all that you have been through! I just know BIG blessings are in store for you guys. I hope things continue to look up, you will be in our prayers!

jenny said...

CUTE FAMILY! what a lucky girl jade is to have two tender, caring older brothers! i love it!

Dixon's said...

I am so glad Jade is doing better. It is so scary when your kids are sick. Garret got really sick at 3 weeks and we had the spinal tap and all the tests. It was aweful. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. I wish I was there to help.

Danette said...

I'm glad things are starting to look up. She is a tough cookie like her mom, keep us up to date as she gets better.

Bonnie said...

You have got to be kidding me! I am so sorry! I am glad she is doing better! You are in my prayers!

rebecca said...

Wow, what a scary first week! I'm so glad she is doing better, and I hope you are recovering quickly. It's always much easier when the mommy is feeling good too :) You're in our prayers:)

Clarissa Wilstead said...

Oh Hayley, I'm so sorry. Is it Children's Hospital Madera? I had to stay there with Ava...it is heartbreaking watching your child suffer. She was the reason I decided we were done having children...but then again, there's always a different plan than the one you chose...so here we are again!
I'm sooooo sorry.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Oh Hayley, how scary and awful. I am so sorry. I am glad you are doing better and had the help you did. You are amazing and I am glad things are turning up for both you and Jade. We will include you in our prayers.

Aubrey said...

Oh my! You have had way too much going on and I am worried about moving. Don't get sick any more until I come to save you! The boys were so cute holding Jade!

McGuire's said...

I'm so sorry. That all must have been so rough. I would have been a wreck too. I'm glad she's home and feeling better. I wish you still lived upstairs so I could come hold her! Her hair is amazing and I love the pic with all three of your beautiful kids together!