Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bring on the Holidays

I gained 10 pounds in one month.  I now weigh as much as I did when I delivered Luke and Cohen with THREE months left.  Bring on the holidays:) 

Dr. Office Conversation

Doctor:  Everything looks great, blood pressure, weight gain...
Me:  Um, didn't I just gain 10 pounds this month?
Doctor:  Yeah, but you hide it well, you are really tall.

I am thinking, what about my health?  My guess is I have gestational diabetes.  I have to do that sugar test this week, so we will see.  I would love to have a tiny little six or seven pound baby, but maybe I should be hoping I don't get a 10 pound baby!  

11 comments:

Marin said...

haa haa, me and mom are laughing! Poor thing. Well, you do hide it well!! We will be hoping with you for that little 6 pound baby!

Danette said...

Fat chance!
You are cursed with those huge babies, but hey, they are darn cute!
Don't worry about the weight gain. You can afford a pound or 20!

McGuire's said...

Great job, i'm proud of you. Bring on the holidays. I feel like i can't get enough treats in body right now. Love this time of year! I just remembered you're having a girl and it makes me so happy!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I've gained WAY MORE with this 4th kid than I have ever gained EVER! And I had the exact same conversation with my doctor ... 'are you worried about my weight gain?' ... 'no, you hide it well' Sweet! I don't think I'll be HIDING it well after delivery!

Makenna said...

Yeah - my Doc. had me do the sugar test when I was 3 or 4 months - I didn't pass, so I had the 3 hour one - DID pass, and now just had to do it again (3 hours!). Lets hope I pass so I can be done with the nasty orange drink and 4 sticks with a needle by the mean lab guy!

DeGooyer Family said...

Uh... you are a stick!!! =) I think it was just fine that you gained a few pounds... =)

Suzie said...

I don't think that the amount of weight you gain really has anything to do with the baby. When I came home from the hospital with Derek I weighed EXACTLY the same as I did the day before he was born. I'm not lying. It was depressing. You always look good!

Leiah said...

I was huge with my last baby - not to be depressing but I think it gets worse every time! Our bodies just get rearranged every time! :)

Kierstin said...

No worries!! The weight fluctuations just get bigger with each kid. I had the same thing happen and then I got really cautious and didn't gain any more. Just take the antibiotic again after you deliver. HA, ha!

Unknown said...

I hate being pregnant through the holidays!!! It's the worst. I'm going for a July baby next time. I'm a little afraid to get on the scale at this point, since I've never weighed this much in my life. Good thing I'm almost finished!!

I'll agree w/Alana, you can handle a few lbs. But I hope you don't have diabetes!!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Your house looks pretty! Yeah, you may weigh as much as you did at delivery, but remember, you weighted as much as I do normally! Ha! You didn't even looooook pregnant. Perhaps this time you will a teeny tiny bit! Bring on the fudge! ;)