Friday, October 24, 2008

Hole in Tongue

Next Day

3 hours after the fall

These pictures are horrible I know, our little camera is broken


Luke was out riding his bike 15 minutes before I had to leave with the boys to Enrichment. Will is working night shift this month, so we had just sent him off to work, and Luke did a face plant off his bike. There was blood everywhere but I thought small cuts in the mouth can bleed a lot so I cleaned him off, changed his clothes and took a quick peek at his mouth. I couldn't see much and didn't think too much of it. Then when I got home from enrichment I took a look and there was a huge gaping unapproximated hole in his tongue (as deep as about half my pinky finger nail). I freaked out and called Will. He went downstairs and talked to the ER doc and we decided to just watch it and eat soft foods. When Luke woke up this morning it had totally sealed off, closed up, and didn't even resemble a hole.

I am so bummed our little camera is broken. I was trying frantically to get a good picture to send to Will and it just would not focus. As you can tell from our pumpkin painting clip something is up with the digital screen.

12 comments:

jenny said...

moral of the story... go to enrichment and all will be well ! that is just crazy. reminds me of the dental days of chewing my tongue off after having a cavity filled! sweet memories...

Mary said...

you're not going to believe this...Ethan did the same thing last night and Lance is gone! no idea how he did it though. I couldn't get a good look his mouth so I'm not sure how big it was.

Makenna said...

ooo That looks bad! Braxton would have been asking for a band-aid all night! Im glad he is ok....poor thing. I hope he got to watch lots of cartoons!

Bonnie said...

What a tuff kid! Jeff is on night too. I hate it! I'm glad he is alright.

Brynley said...

SAm split his lip when we were in AZ and I was amazed you couldn't even tell the next day. I'm amazed at how fast things in the mouth heal. I bet it is nice to have a doctor as a hubby.

justin said...

dang luke that looks deep...we're not supposed to get tongue piercings bro! :) how does he eat with that, especially with all the salt in food! no more french fries at in-and-out! :)

Danette said...

Ick, that looks painful. We can count on you to tell em' to brush it off and get going!!! That is why we are going to be watching your kids on t.v. someday rockin' the sports :-)
Way to be a tough guy Luke!

Eugie said...

ah man that looks painful. it seems like he handled it like a champ. Poor bug.

Ashley said...

Augh! You've got to give more of a warning for this sort of post! OK, 'Hole in Tongue' probably should have tipped me off.

Mandi said...

Oh my heck! Hayley, that looks awful! It hurts me to even look at it! I do not do well when my kids get hurt so I can only imagine how this must have been for you. I am so glad it's healing though! What a tough little boy!

Kelly Evanson said...

that is crazy. hope he is doing better now!

Anonymous said...

I would have totally freaked out! That's amazing it can heal so fast. Cute costumes above!! LOve that luke peed on his.