So I had my ultrasound today. I wasn't surprised when the first thing that came out of the doctors mouth was, I am getting you a little bigger than what you are. Yep, another nine pounder is all I was thinking. But she decided to go ahead and move the due date up to March 1st, a week earlier. Normally a pregnant lady would be happy but this messes up my plans. I am going to have a scheduled c-section, long story, but basically nine pound babies were not meant to come out my body. But since it's scheduled it will probably be a week before my due date. So my March baby is now February. My plan was originally 9-9-09, then it changed to 3-3-09 and now it's end of February. I was really hoping for single digit or repeating birthday numbers, I know I am weird (Luke is 2-5-5 and Cohen is 12-12-6). I am hoping they let me schedule it in March. I probably won't be feeling the same way in February:)
During the ultrasound it was so cool because you could see the little arms and legs moving like "it"was swimming. I think it might be one of those active kicking babies! I haven't really had one of those yet. It was such a relief to know that everything looked good and there is a beautiful little miracle at the end of all this sickness! Having a baby is SO exciting, I know there is a lot more too it, but laying there just thinking I get to experience another little blessing from heaven being born into our family gave me one of the best feelings. Right there in that doctors office, feet up in the stirrups and all:)
10 comments:
Yeah!!
Glad everything is going well despite all of your sickness. Don't worry about the number thing, you have time for another one that you can time perfectly!
Why were you feet up in Stirrups for an ultrasound? You are luck - unless I change Dr. - I wont get one. He dosent think they are nessesary unless somehting is wrong. ugh!
I have big baby issues too, except mine never measure big on the outside. That's really fun that you got to see the baby! Do you get to have a few extra ultrasounds since you're measuring big???
hope you are feeling better! once i'm in school all day marin will probably want to come down and stay with you guys instead of being home alone all the time!
tell luke and cohen they're studs.
PS i've won settlers the last two sundays so i need will to humble me!
You are so funny about the number thing...Maybe you can do 2-25-09 since 2+2+5=9 or 2-22-09 because that is a lot of twos or maybe it's leap year and you can have your baby on 2-29-09. See I got your back! I love ya and hope you are feeling better and HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!
What? It's your bday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe you are having a 3rd! Your crazy! J/k Congrats! Your boys are so cute and so big! I hope you get feeling better.
Have you always had c-sections?
Nope. This will be my first c-section. After Cohen I had some reconstructive surgery that I would like to stay intact:) I am a little nervous, but excited that it will be planned!
Congratulations! I just found your blog and it is so cute! Let me know what you are having. Hope you feel beter soon.
I love how you think! You are always so positive. I would have been thinking other thoughts with my feet up in stirrups. Congratulations! I know you don't like talking on the phone, so I decided to post on your blog also! I miss having you around. I hope your feeling better.
Post a Comment