Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12.12 Cohen turns 5




Cohen turned 5 yesterday! Everytime I took his picture and then looked at the little frame, I was taken back by old he looked. First thing he said to me when he woke up was, "we need to send out my envelopes." For his birthday party that wasn't planned. Will was supposed to be camping on Saturday so I slacked as usual with the party planning. But we did end up having some people come over for cake and ice-cream and he thought it was the best birthday party. He picked out a strawberry cake which really surprised me. He also got a new bike, books, clothes, art supplies, and some new shoes. We went to McDonalds for lunch and got a happy meal and he played with the toy all afternoon. He was smiling the whole day. Jade on the other hand had a very rough day.

Cohen my little lefty. He is so creative, ambitious, and loves to laugh. He is constantly trying to help, play and take care of Max. He entertains Jade while Luke is gone at school and is generous with his possessions. He has many preferences on how things should be and is never timid about letting you know. He likes to sit on my lap and read books and always hugs and kisses me good night. And he still likes to play with my hair or Jades since they share the bottom bunk. He loves being my "Christmas baby" and How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of his favorite books. I am thankful for Cohen and the reminder he is to me of the Savior's birth during this season. I can clearly remember giving birth to him 5 years ago and feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for our Savior and Mary and what she went through giving birth in a stable. Such a humbling circumstance to ponder. Cohen was my favorite birth experience and the best Christmas present I will ever receive.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor Jade. Were NONE of those presents for her? :) Happy Birthday to your adorable boy!

Kierstin said...

What a sweet post. We love Cohen and are glad he had a great day. He is a great kid. I didn't know he is a lefty. It looks like Emmy is going to be left-handed too. Good thing they will mostly be typing in todays world.

I am enjoying my early Christmas present, too. We miss you guys.