It all started when we were at Walmart picking up some last things before we head out to CA and we began to wander a little. Never a good idea in Walmart; there is always more to buy. I knew they had wooden letters, but I hoped I would stumble upon a kid font; they didn't have one. I have been wanting to do these for a while, so we just bought the letters, some spray on adhesive and some cute paper.
I traced the letters onto the paper to cut out. Then Will sprayed the paper and smoothed the paper onto the letters and last sanded the edges. I cut up some ric-rac I already had because I thought they could use some more texture. I really like the way they turned out! If we didn't have white walls these "super letters"(that's what Luke called them-from Super Why-his new favorite PBS show) would look a lot cuter on the bare wall:) So I tried them one more place. I decided to put them in the shadow box Will built out of our neighbor's trash back in Kirksville. Much better.
11 comments:
Very creative the two of you are.
Gotta luv the k-ville clean up!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next
So cute, you are so talented and crafty, I love your stuff.
SOOOOO cute!!! Go YOU!
This turned out awesome. You are so talented. I love your style.
Very cute letters!! By the way, Nora is a huge fan of Super Why too! She loves it and I really like it too. Always a great thing when you are the one who has to listen it to!! Way cute show!!
so Hayley, i wanted to tell you i've been so good through this moving process, not crying. until one night driving to lehi, garrett mentioned luke, and then the tears came! I feel so bad for macie, she doesn't have a cute little boy upstairs anymore! so, when you get back from cali, we need to get them together so they don't forget who they will marry! Hope you are having fun!
WOW! I knew you were talented, but WOW! I will have to come over more often so we (I can watch you) do crafts!
Looks like wandering at Walmart is a great idea for you! Cohen's name is so adorable and the shadow box is perfect!
I love it! What a great Idea. I have seen those letters at Wal-mart and thought they were cute, but never got them because of the white on white walls factor. Great Idea! I just might have to copy you! Have fun in california! And be safe.
wow that is great! Maybe Will could build me something out of trash too :) They are super cute. I am sure you know this, but you can play super why's on PBS kids.com Morgan LOVES it .
I absolutely love the letters. I just bought those at wal-mart and was trying to decide what to do with them and how to decorate Evan's room with our next move (thinking WAY ahead ... we just turned our papers in for the match, I'm crazy). I might just have to copy you, they turned out GREAT!! You are so cute!
Post a Comment