I have been really excited to use the Christmas paper so I decided to try it out with some old pictures. I have always said the only month I didn't want to have a baby is December. And lucky for us our first surprise pregnancy was Cohen. His original due date was 12/19.All of my siblings- 3 sisters- happen to have their birthdays within one month of Christmas. As kids it always seemed kind of redundant with the whole present scene. So Will and I have made a goal to make birthdays big and Christmas small, as far as presents go. I know it will be a lot harder as they get older and they see other kids swimming in Christmas presents, but I think it would be cool to make birthdays more special and let Christmas be about Christ.
5 comments:
Well although I felt a little gyped present wise growing up, I love the month of December. There really couldn't be a better time to have a birthday. First of all your in school so everyone you get a lot of attention that you don't get with a summer birthday. Then the school soccer season started with all the tournaments that got you out of school, all the Christmas decorations, the Christmas formal dance, the cold weather, and my birthday, and then Christmas, trips to Sierra Summit, and seeing all the cousins. Everyone is so happy and friendly during the Christmas Season. Cohen and I share a great month during the best time of year.
Still pregnant in Elk Grove!
Your pages are SO CUTE!! I actually used powerpoint to make our blog header. I wish we had photoshop so I could do some digital scrapbooking, but there's no way our laptop could handle that. It makes me really want a new computer! Cohen was sure a cute newborn, and is still so cute!
You are such an awesome lady! I love your idea. Christmas at your house will for sure be happy! I love your layout!
We do the same thing, and I prefer it that way - helps to focus on the REAL meaning and Spirit of Christmas.
Cute scrapbook page - you're SO talented - I'm jealous! =)
Hey! I am a dork and am just posting instead of calling. Do you want to come play in Porterville tomorrow afternoon? Monday afternoon? Or Tuesday morning or afternoon? Basically, do you want to come play?!!
Post a Comment