2 days ago
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Happy 6th Birthday Cohen
We did our first real birthday party for Cohen. It was a "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" theme that Cohen chose (he loves that book) and Will did all the planning and ran the party. I just made sure the invitations got sent out. Will planned some really fun themed games and the boys had a good time playing in the backyard. We were lucky it was a nice day because with ten boys running around it was a little crazy. Cohen was so excited. I think his biggest smiles came the night before when we were decorating. Then we were able to celebrate again on 12/12/12 with cousins, Luke's Christmas program, and more birthday cake and presents!
Cohen is taking off in school. He is starting to read more and is writing sentences. Will made him an art desk for his birthday so I am sure we will be seeing more great art from him. He has an eye for the details and is never lacking great ideas. He is great at sports. He is super quick and feisty which I think goes well with any sport. He has good sportsmanship and doesn't give up even though he is constantly battling his older brother. He is starting basketball soon so I am excited to see his growth from last year. I love watching him and Luke play sports. I love looking out the window and seeing them play football and just enjoying each other. Cohen is gaining more confidence. He had a little speaking part in his Christmas program and nailed it. He asked me what my favorite song was, and I said "Oh Christmas Tree," and he said "I knew it, because it was soooft and swwweet." I hope to put him this children's choir in January. We have taken a break with piano, but I want to get him going again with something musical. Cohen is also very affectionate. He is full of long hugs and generous with kisses throughout the day. I love my little Christmas baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like it was a great day. I have caught up on your blog today. I missed the posts, but even reading them late I enjoyed them so much. I can't wait to spend time with the van Beevers. I can't believe Will planned the party and carried it out. That is awesome and keeps thing somewhat stress-free for you.
I don't know how I missed this post either! What a sweet boy! I loved how he said "Sooft and sweet!" I can totally hear him saying those words!
I am so glad we got to come up on his Birthday! It really is fun living so close to you guys. I just wished we lived even closer! Carden was so sad the other day when only Rhead got to come visit. He just missed Luke and Cohen! But I am glad Rhead got some good one on one time. Miss you guys
Post a Comment