Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Luke!




Luke is 6! He is changing right before my eyes. He loves basketball and football and is becoming very coordinated. He doesn't like dark shirts because they make him hot even in January. He is a great helper and I can usually get him to do anything without much of a fight. He is reading and writing well and enjoys trying to read the back of the cereal box. He still loves to dance and has some nice moves. He loves playing with his friends, wrestling with siblings and dad, peanut butter and honey sandwiches everyday, and legos. Every morning when he wakes up he comes in and asks me if he can watch cartoons. He is always trying to make people happy. He lets Cohen say the prayer or gives up a toy when there is resistance. He loves it when I volunteer in his class and comes and gives me a big hug when I get there. He will still let me snuggle him. I love him.

5 comments:

jenny said...

Happy Birthday Luke; my SWEET, SWEET oldest grandson who is setting a perfect example for all that follow. I love you Luke. ~grandma

Chantel said...

How can he be SIX??? I hope he has a great birthday!

Kierstin said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! We didn't call and we didn't iChat but we sure miss you and love you. I think Luke's and Cohen's names come up multiple times a day in our house. "When are we going to see Luke and Cohen?" We need to come soon.

Glad you had a great birthday and we love reading about you.

McGuire's said...

What a little sweetheart! Truly amazing he is now 6. Macie loves to dance and is becoming my little helper too, so looks like they are still destined for eachother... : ) I think it is so funny our 6-month apart babies! We may follow you to the 5th one, but then you are on your own for #6 and #7! Now i'm wondering if we're having a girl... Good luck with your last little while of this pregnancy!

Danette said...

I still remember the night this lil guy was born. We were all so excited. One day he is really going to appreciate what you went through for him to be here!! Can't wait for the newest lil' vanBeever to get here.