Thursday, September 30, 2010

Expecting

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I am ready for the nausea to end, but I have not thrown up once! So I shouldn't complain. I thought I waited long enough to miss being pregnant in the summer but I forgot we live in a place you sweat until Halloween. Heat and nausea do not mix well.

I had a ten week ultra sound for dates and the baby measured right on. This is the first time they haven't moved my due date up because the baby is big. Maybe I have a shot at something under 9 pounds. Also there is only one. Two of my sisters had twins last year so we thought it might be my turn.

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! How fun! I hope you start feeling better!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! So when is the actual date? Not too long to find out if it's a boy or girl....

Once I got my ultrasound and the doctor said, "Good news, just one!" At the time, I was super sick and was praying it was twins to get a two-for-one pregnancy :)

Newton said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so exciting!!

Marin said...

AW that does stink being sick especially in the HEAT! I can't believe how hot this week has been. It has been rough just getting the kids out of the house. Well congrats. I'm so sorry that your not having TWINS though (YOU missing OUT!!!) haa haa!!! Hope that 6 or 7 pound baby comes true!

Aubrey said...

Wow! How exciting for you guys! Congrats! I sure hope that nausea subsides soon cause it sure does stink to be hot and nauseaus;) Good thing we are hitting the 70's next week! Now how about that list of non-fattening dinners you are writing up for us!?!

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you! I can hardly believe it though, 4 kids!! Summer pregnancy stinks, but I'm not sure which is worse nauseous and hot or fat and hot, it seems like you're bound to get one or the other no matter when you get pregnant. Hmmm, I wonder what you're going to have?!?

christine said...

Congratulations!! At least it'll be cooler when you start showing. Silver lining.

McGuire's said...

So excited for your news! Darnet for nausea. Hope it's almost over... and i'm thinking you are probably going to go for number 5, and then you'll have 2, so you'll get 6!! Ha!

Melissa said...

Hayley, you are the best! You are such a wonderful, layed back, fun mom! I am so glad that you haven't been sick yet.
Congratulations on your wonderful little family!

j&krosser said...

Congrats! Way to break the twin tradition.

Danette said...

Yeah!! Another little vanBeever, we are so excited for you and the rest of the family. Sorry you are feeling yucky, I hope it all passes soon. Keep us all posted. Big Hugs from all of us.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! We're so excited for you guys! I always hate 1st trimester but 2nd trimester is oh, so much better! Good luck with everything!

Leanne said...

Congrats!! We are excited for you guys too.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

That's so exciting! I go back and forth of wanting another baby or just enjoying the fact that I am NOT pregnant. So excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

So congrats! you guys are on a roll!! When is your due date? I think we are pretty close to each other...mine is due April 7th!

jenny said...

let me jump in with the rest of your friends and say, "YEAH". can't wait for number 15!!! way to keep the commandments : -)