Anyways, about CA, I love my appliances, my stainless steal lots of options appliances. I have never been in a rental this nice. The fridge has an ice-maker and dispenser on the outside which I am trying not to use so I don't get back in the habit of chewing ice; but its great because Luke can get a drink of water from the fridge all by himself. We have a gas stove and oven which cooks evenly and I have discovered that gas burners heat up the handles of my pots. ouch. And the dishwasher.. I could go on.
Ceiling fans in every room is awesome. We haven't turned on our air despite the heat because our house has a tropical jungle landscape that keeps the heat from frying our house. The only problem is where to put the plastic Walmart pool because there is so much shade. (I also miss having a super Walmart, very sad) We planted some basil, rosemary, sun flowers and green onions, but we will have to see what happens because of all the shade. We are not so sure anything will grow. Then next year we will know where to plant more stuff. But on my walk today I found a jack pot of rosemary lining the entire street.
The cul-de-sac is great for riding bikes but playing on asphalt all day turns your children black. I love that I can just peek out my window and see Luke riding around. We got him a bike that has training wheels and he is cruising. He is riding standing up, taking corners and wiping out, and slamming on the breaks. We even tried it without the training wheels but he quickly asked for them back.
Cohen has yet to venture from my sight. He is super clingy and I think the move has been really hard on him. I just noticed him start to call Luke by name, "nuke," the cutest thing ever.
Having a garage is awesome, no more bird poop, tree sap, and weather elements affecting your car wash. It's too bad the garage door spring broke so our van is trapped until Monday. We have been driving around in the no AC, taped shut driver side window Camry.
But overall I hope we continue to be impressed with our new place so we can rent for three years and then find a house close to Will's work. I miss living a couple miles from everything. Although the schools are really good in our area so it would be nice to stay in the same area. I will say that CA gas prices ($4.65) are CRAZY!! Maybe we won't be getting cable tv:)
Will started, but not really, it's just all the certification/orientation stuff so he has been home early. I guess it's nice easing us into a routine of never seeing him.
*We were on a walk today and Luke sat down in the shade and said, "I need to rest until my hots get off me."
*We got a Costco membership, our new super Wal*mart
12 comments:
Your new place sounds amazing! Definitely an upgrade from where you started in the beginning 5 years ago ;) I hope we can find some place like that someday for our boys to play, even if it's just to rent for a while.
Sounds great! Can't wait to see some pictures...
CONGRATS on your hubby graduating! how exciting. thanks for your nice comment-you're so sweet. of course i don't mind if you blog hop from ashley's. i'm flattered. you must have a nice slr camera ( i can tell even b/4 i read this post mentioning it.) ever since i got a slr i can totally tell picture quality difference. yours look awesome. those hawaii pictures are great!
thanks for saying hi!
I love Costco and hate your wonderful new place! Just kidding. We have the stainless steel appliances as well, but I don't like how much I have to clean them to make them look nice. I can't imagine the cleaning process with the extra little hands you have at your house. I can't wait to see more pictures. Why are your children turning black??? Are you using sunscreen??? Is that what you even ment???
gas just hit $4 here in UT in some places! (remember when it used to be .99?) we loved your house, it's a keeper!
tell luke that carden still gets the "hook-ups" several times a day!
did you get the costco membership through dad's membership? was it cheeper. SAM hasn't taken off walking yet. He takes a few steps but loves to hold on to things for balance. I think his best steps were at your house.
Your place sounds awesome. The tropical landscape sounds so nice. Our place bakes in the afternoon and even at night when you walk by you can feel the heat coming off the bricks outside. Poor little Cohen, I'm sure he'll get used to the new place soon.
We are so excited for you!!! Sounds like things everything is working out for you guys, you deserve it!! Can't wait to hear & see more about your new life in Cali!! Keep in touch!
It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. I miss you already knowing I won't see you for a very long long, if ever, time. I hope you learn how to work all those cool appliances!
I am glad you are enjoying CA!
Glad you guys made it and our doing well! I'm excited to see some pictures. and macie is especially excited to see pictures of Luke!!
It sounds dreamy! You four certainly deserve it! Life is just moving along quickly. I wonder if I will EVER finish packing! I didn't realize how much "STUFF" we have! Since you like cheesecake so much, cosco has a huge chunk (three pounds?) that is yummy, even though it isn't Philadelphia! Tell the boys hello for us, and we will try to meet you at the beach sometime!--Jenn
Post a Comment