Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jade's 4th Birthday











Jade turned 4 February 25th!  She was counting down the days until she was "the boss."   We were able to celebrate Friday night at Wahoos with my parents.  My mom made her a cake and we sang to her.  It was a precious moment to see how special she felt when she saw the cake and we began to sing to her.  It made me want to be better at planning and celebrating birthdays.   Then Saturday we hit McDonalds (Chuck E. Cheese was way too packed and I think she had just as much fun in the play area) and then ate pie and cake and sang again.  On her actual birthday Monday, she wanted to play at Teagan's house in the morning and have her friend Scarlet over in the afternoon.  It was a beautiful day for a beautiful little girl.  She is really into painting nails and wearing high heels.  She has been painting my nails everyday.  She loves to sing and has the sweetest voice.  Her voice is so unique and pleasant.  Her vibrato blows me away. I look forward to accompanying her and hope she can develop that talent and continue to enjoy it as much as I do.  She is sensitive and a mama's girl.  Her reoccurring demand is "hold  me standing up."  I don't know why she likes that so much.  I often worry she isn't getting enough attention stuck between two babies and two school boys but I know we will have a great relationship as she gets older and we get to do more girl stuff just the two of us.  She loves to help me in the kitchen, fold laundry, clean toilets, whatever the task she is right there behind me.  She is smart.  She loves puzzles, taking things apart, and doesn't give up easily on whatever she is tinkering with.  She talks a lot.  I love it and hope I can nurture her talent because I love chatting.   And I don't always have a lot to say so its nice to be around someone who can talk a lot. I am so thankful I have a girl, I love Jade.

5 comments:

jenny said...

love the mini-biographies of the kids- it helps me know them better! we love jade too :-)

Marin said...

Looks like a yummy meal and CAKE!!! Love her voice as well!!! We need a PGY!!! haa haa!! She is a talkative girl and I love it! Happy Birthday Jade!

Kierstin said...

Happy Birthday Jade! I was wondering who made the cake. I thought it was Will because he did such an amazing job on Asia's cake for her 4th birthday, the castle. I love reading your posts on your children. YOu write such long, thoughtful, detailed posts on them. I am so impressed. I am sure I can't think of that many nice things to say about my kids. I am sad we don't get to see you guys more. The kids do love ichatting though, so we'll have to keep that up.

Danette said...

I stir can't get over the fact that you and Will have all those kids. You just don't look or seem old enough! I hope I can have as good of a relationship with Emory. I didn't think I ever wanted to have a girl but she is fun! I hope our paths will cross when we move back west. How is Max by the way?

Brynley said...

I think jade got my think hair. It is so long. I just cut cosette's and lydia wants to grow her's long like tangled. jade is so sweet!