Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cohen's Award



I got an invitation to an award ceremony last week for Cohen.  At first I thought it would be like the end of year when they give out the same award to every kid, about 5 times.  But this was different.  Cohen was the only one in his class for the month of September to receive the True Blue Character Award.  I went to the assembly today(as the three little ones tagged along) where his teacher said many nice things about him while he stood infront of all k-3 grades.  He was a little timid knowing what to do, but I was smiling ear to ear.  I was so pleased with him and happy for him to be in the spotlight!  I was impressed he was the first one in his class to get the award and that it was just him.  Then I followed him back to his class where his teacher proceeded to ask the class why they thought Cohen received the award.  It was so cute to hear his class mates say such wonderful positive things.  He was beaming when he got home from school and realized how cool it was to get the award.  He also lost his first tooth (aside from the one that got pulled) last month.  I didn't even know it was loose.  Kind of like when I stuck my finger in Travis's mouth last week and there were two teeth.  Two teeth pretty far in, not just in sight.  Ever since we have moved time is just slipping through my fingers!  Travis is rolling around a lot and sucking his thumb.  Max is just laughing away.  Its also funny to watch him change emotions and pull his pouty face.

2 comments:

Marin said...

That is so AWESOME that Cohen got that award!!! He is such a great example!! How fun for you to be able to see him open up at school!!! That is so exciting!

Bonnie said...

Way to go Cohen! Your kids are too cute!!!