Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Right before I took this picture Jade was laying her head down on Luke falling asleep
All of my sisters have had babies this year and we have been lucky to see them all in person. Will is on all nights this month (hopefully for the last time ever) and we had to make a hard decision and leave him home and go see three new baby cousins. Luckily my dad did all the driving while I entertained the kids. Have I mentioned Jade doesn't like her car seat, yep, it's annoying. It was nice to be with family but we missed having dad with us.

Black Friday we managed to make it out shopping with all the kids. It was crazy. We went to a goodwill outlet and it was a zoo. I don't know how but we made it out of their with a desk and chair for 11$ (everything was half off). Score. I will have to post a picture after Will gets through with it. I am debating between a kids art desk or a sewing desk.

Jade is nine months now and is a tank. The girl can eat! She loves to eat everything and I even catch Cohen doing a finger sweep of her mouth when I can't get to her fast enough. She has just started standing on her own a little bit and is still good at cruising furniture. She goes crazy for two things; the bathtub and piano. She is pretty hard to make laugh but you get her in the tub and she is laughing, splashing, and as happy as can be. Or as soon as her little paws hit the piano she is jamming out with a big smile on her face. I wonder what will become of those two loves.

Cohen is talking up a storm and copying Luke all day long. The boys get along so well. It makes me so happy and grateful to have two boys in a row. They are rambunctious and hungry all the time. I can't believe how much food we go through.

Luke is getting into math and reading. He is always trying addition and sounding out words. It is amazing how it all just starts to click. He loves school. He is very responsible and always looking out for his younger siblings.

9 comments:

Kevin and Emily said...

Your kids are so adorable! Thanks for the update.

Bonnie said...

So fun to hear what your kids are up to. I can't believe Jade is standing already! Crazy!

Leiah said...

Wow, time goes by fast! I had to laugh at your boys eating everything. I tell Adam all the time, I can't belive how much the boys eat. ALL day long they want to eat! I think every hour I hear, I'm hungry. It really drives me nuts - and concerns me about our future grocery bill!

McGuire's said...

Love the update. I still haven't done the black friday thing and I always feel like i'm missing out all day. Maybe next year i'll do it. :)

Unknown said...

I love your header! Very festive. I am in love with Jade's hair, she is gorgeous.

Robert said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Aubrey said...

I can't wait to see the desk!

Jill said...

They are so cute, and getting so big. Jade is a doll, I love her hair!

Melissa said...

can you send your address to turley.melissa@gmail.com ? Thanks!